Evergreen Podcasts, a Cleveland-based Podcast Network, is a fast growing audio studio and content publisher. Our talented creative team works with top brands and thought leaders to tell inspiring stories through branded content, original shows, and partner podcasts.
We are looking for talented voice actors to bring to life the characters for the pilot for our brand new scripted podcast series, Bloomer Girls. We will be continuing to post casting calls throughout the spring and summer for the additional eight episodes in the series, so please, check back for more information on upcoming auditions.
|When:||Open auditions (See Submission Process below) will be accepted through Wednesday, May 13th & (2nd Round - call backs) Friday, May 15 via Zoom (or similar). Final recordings will take place soon thereafter.|
Podcast Description: Bloomer Girls
Genre: Historical-Fiction, Audio Drama
Bloomer Girls is a scripted mini-series based loosely on the untold story of the first women of baseball and shines a light on eight extraordinary female athletes who stormed baseball fields across the country, challenging men’s teams to duel on the diamond. Unbeknownst to the world, women played baseball with men. Hardball… the real thing. At the turn of the 20th century, when headlines about America’s pastime were dominated by names like Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and others you’ve heard before, there was also an equally elite group of women who played with the boys and more than held their own. The Bloomer Girls podcast series is about giving them their rightful spot in history.
- We’ll be accepting audio submissions until Wednesday, May 13th.
- We’d like you to read a selection of lines from the script for the character of your choice. You will find the lines in a link (see Character Descriptions below).
- Please send your mp3 voice tests to: Producer, Julie Fink: [email protected]
- * If you don’t have audio equipment, a simple “Voice Memo” on your iPhone or “Voice Recorder” on your Android will do.
- We will be conducting final auditions remotely on Friday, May 15th using Zoom/SquadCast (or similar teleconferencing platform).
- If you are chosen for a call back, we will send you a calendar invitation with the date and time of your audition and will include the Zoom/SquadCast link in the calendar invite.
- Once your audition is booked on the calendar, we will also send you a separate email with the requirements for the remote Zoom/SquadCast audio audition (i.e. microphone, internet connection, browser information, etc.)
Voice Talent Needed for the Following Characters:
|Time Period:||Early to mid 1900’s|
|Audio Example:||Flapper 1920s - Reel 1|
“PSA Lady” needs to sound like… See audio example above. It’s exactly what we are looking for. In addition: Mid-Atlantic, TransAtlantic, proper, buttoned up, professional, proper, enunciates well, posh, golden age of Hollywood.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. I will get back to you promptly.
Julie Fink, Producer: [email protected]