This episode of the Information Security Podcast features a returning guest and alumni of the Information Security Podcast, Kevin Baker, with host Rob Nettgen (@Robert_Nettgen). This episode discusses the approach to “Building a Cyber Security Team”.
Key Discussion Points and Actionable Items:
- The value and importance of maintaining relationships between both the C-Suite and the team executing an organization’s security program
- Recognizing the role of the CISO / security leader to be the “glue” of an organization’s overall security program by being an effective conduit and facilitator within an organization
- Leveraging a full “suite” of skills to be an effective leader to deliver value as part of an organization’s investment in security and business
- The importance of accepting and acknowledging the dependency between Information Technology and Security to complement each other’s respective roles
- Gaining an understanding of the evolving threat landscape and the motivation behind the risks to an organization.
ASMGi (@ASMGi_CLE) and https://www.asmgi.com/
Briteskies (@NoBrownCow) and https://www.briteskies.com/
Recorded and Production By:
Evergreen Podcasts (@StreamEvergreen) at https://evergreenpodcasts.com/ and production assistance provided by Frank Yako (@fyako).
Additional Information and Resources:
For additional information on the Information Security Summit, please visit us on the web at https://www.informationsecuritysummit.org/ or on Twitter (@InfoSecurSummit). Planning is underway for the Summit 2020 scheduled for October 26 through October 30, 2020, please join us!