Employee Security Awareness
This episode of the Information Security Podcast features an interview with Lauren Zink from Oportun with host Rob Nettgen. This episode’s conversation discusses the importance of “Employee Security Awareness” as part of an organization’s overall Cyber Security Strategy.
Key Discussion Points and Actionable Items:
- The importance of understanding the meaning of “Employee Security Awareness”
- Defining the elements of a “Employee Security Awareness” Program and how it should be orchestrated within an organization
- Understanding that “Employee Security Awareness” is not a “one-time” event but starts at the time an employee is hired and evolves as they move through an organization
- The risk organizations assume when technology is the only line of defense and does not incorporate “Employee Security Awareness”
- Integration of third-party vendors and contractors that are part of an organization into the “Employee Security Awareness” Program
- “Employee Security Awareness” is the responsibility of the entire organization, including Human Resources, Training, and Compliance, and is not limited to the Cyber Security Team.
Recorded and Production By:
Additional Information and Resources:
For additional information on the Information Security Summit, please visit us on the web at https://www.informationsecuritysummit.org/ or on Twitter (@InfoSecurSummit). Planning is underway for the Summit 2020 scheduled for October 26 through October 30, 2020, please join us!