It’s the Kick-Off of Wedding Planning Season!
Engagement season is over (you know, that time from Thanksgiving through Valentine’s Day when your social media feeds are flooded with ring selfies!), and the wedding planning begins with National Wedding Planning Day on March 1st! There is a lot to keep track of when preparing for your big day, but don’t worry- we have you covered!
Here are five wedding resources to help you navigate through the process:
- The Knot- One of the leading brands globally, this website will help you in every aspect of planning! I HIGHLY recommend you create your free account and start saving all of your ideas here. Esther Lee, Senior Editor for The Knot, was on a recent episode of Weddings Unveiled with Leah Longbrake, and discussed The Knot’s brand new invitation suite. Another great resource now available on this fantastic website! You can contact vendors, keep track of your budget and timeline, create a free wedding website for your guests to stay informed, and have your registry all in this one place! I also recommend their sister site WeddingWire.
- The Budget Savvy Bride- Trying not to break the bank while planning the big day? BSB Founder Jessica Bishop shares incredible tips on how to save from the accessories to the stationary. There are free printables you can take advantage of too! A feature I really love, and Jessica discusses on the March 24th episode of Weddings Unveiled with Leah Longbrake, is the Real Weddings section. The price tag of what each couple spent is posted, so you can get a real idea of what a wedding like it costs! Jessica, along with Real Weddings editor Sari Weinerman, just launched their podcast The Bouquet Toss. On this fun podcast, Jessica and Sari break down the history of the different wedding traditions, helping us to understand why we do them and letting you know it’s OK if you don’t want to.
- Bridechilla- The OG of Wedding Podcasts, and a stellar website filled with planning guides, Bridechilla host and founder Aleisha gives you straight-up honest advice on how to plan and save for your wedding. With over 300 podcasts episodes you may not know where to start. She has this handy guide to keep you from feeling overwhelmed- New to Bridechilla. Don’t become a Bridezilla, when you could be Bridechilla!
- Rock n’ Roll Bride- Launched in 2007, Rock n Roll Bride is one of the biggest wedding blogs in the world. Updated daily, the site and its accompanying print magazine attracts quirky, alternative and creative readers from all over the planet. The brainchild of Kat Williams, the site came about while she was planning her own wedding in 2008. After becoming jaded by the limited offerings of the UK wedding industry, Kat saw a niche for alternative wedding inspiration and ran with it! This is the wedding website and magazine if you are, or are looking to have, a more unique and alternative wedding! Learn more about Kat and RnR Bride on this episode of Weddings Unveiled with Leah Longbrake. Check out Kat’s podcast The Confidence Club if you’re looking to not think about wedding planning for a minute, and need a dose of Kat’s honest life advice!
- Weddings Unveiled with Leah Longbrake- The enthusiasts guide from “Yes!” to “I Do!,” host Leah Longbrake brings you advice from industry experts to help you navigate through planning your wedding day, as well as real brides and couples sharing their firsthand experience. Whether you’re planning the big day, are in the industry, or just a fellow wedding nerd like Leah, there is something for everyone on this podcast from Evergreen Podcasts!
Happy Wedding Planning, and don’t forget to enjoy the journey!
Passions & Prologues: A New Literary Podcast
Giving authors the opportunity to nerd out about things they love doing on their own time allows listeners to learn more about their favorite writers. Beyond that, it’s been crazy interesting to learn things like: how powerlifting has helped Mallory O’Meara become a better historian or how Phantom of the Opera lives rent free in all of Kalynn Bayron’s books.