You have to grow older, but you don't have to grow up...
We're Generation X'ers who spent our childhood immersed in the music, movies, games, and pop culture of the 70s, 80s, & 90s, and all that stuff shaped who we are today as adults. GenXGrownUp looks at yesterday and today through the eyes of Gen X'ers who refuse to grow up.
Before the rise of smartphones, voicemail, and texting, the way we avoided missing important calls was with a tape recorder plugged into the wall. Now nearly extinct, the answering machine used to be standard equipment in most every home. In this episode, we remember this abandoned tech and the role it played in our lives.
Patreon » patreon.com/genxgrownup
Discord » GenXGrownUp.com/discord
Facebook » fb.me/GenXGrownUp
Twitter » GenXGrownUp.com/twitter
Website » GenXGrownUp.com
Podcast » GenXGrownUp.com/pod
Merchandise » GenXGrownUp.com/merch
Shop » genxgrownup.com/amazon
Theme: “Grown Up” by Beefy » beefyness.com
Pocket Casts » pca.st/8iuL
Stitcher » www.stitcher.com/s?fid=146720&refid=stpr
Spotify » spoti.fi/2TB4LR7
iHeart » www.iheart.com/podcast…
- The Evolution of Answering Machines – An Interactive Timeline » bit.ly/3dlHYUG
- The History of the Answering Machine » bit.ly/39sgo7a
- 88 Creative Answering Machine Messages » bit.ly/3whSrZI
- 21 Funny Answering Machine (Voicemail) Messages » bit.ly/3ub17iY
- Email the show » [email protected]
- Visit us on YouTube » GenXGrownUp.com/yt