You have to grow older, but you don't have to grow up...
We're GenX'ers who spent our childhood immersed in the music, movies, games, and pop culture of the 70s, 80s, & 90. GenXGrownUp looks at yesterday and today through the eyes of Gen X'ers who refuse to grow up. "Escape Room" is our 3-part audio drama celebrating Halloween.
Backtrack: Battle of the Network Stars
Back in the ’70s and ’80s, when you only had original programming on three channels (PBS didn’t count), there was a dark thing called “reruns.” This was when all the new shows were just repeated week after week while we waited for the new season to arrive. But there was a bright light in the darkness called Battle of the Network Stars! This was the chance to see your favorite television superstars compete in “Olympic-like” events for the honor of the TV network they represented. It was goofy and silly, and a blast to watch!
- Modern Battle » https://abc.go.com/shows/battle-of-the-network-stars
- A look back on the original » https://bit.ly/2RDg4GA
- Photos of the original » https://bit.ly/2DS4q7m
- Battle of the Network Stars II » https://youtu.be/-KyxkNsIo-s
- Battle of the Network Stars XIII » https://youtu.be/GCwwLP6ARbA
- Wikipedia page » https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Network_Stars
- Email the show » [email protected]
- Visit us on YouTube » http://GenXGrownUp.com/yt