You have to grow older, but you don't have to grow up
We're Generation X'ers who spent our childhood immersed in the music, movies, games, and pop culture of the 70s, 80s, & 90s, and all that stuff shaped who we are today as adults. GenXGrownUp looks at yesterday and today through the eyes of Generation X'ers who have refused to grow up.
Backtrack: Going to the Movies
The movie-going experience growing up GenX couldn’t be more different than the experience today. Waiting on long lines for hours, racing to get the good seats, only being able to get a soda, popcorn, and candy, and mostly relying on word of mouth and a few reviews to help you select what to see were the norm. In this Backtrack, we have a ton of fun talking about that experience, how the movies themselves have changed, and how they compare to today!
- Photos of amazing old movie theaters » bit.ly/2UcwYBl
- The psychology of waiting in line to see Star Wars » bit.ly/2TYaHIo
- Why movie-going experience is still special » bit.ly/2YuXd5e
- Movie theaters through the decades » bit.ly/2TZj9qx
- 5 Ways movies will change by 2020 » bit.ly/2JPOqHp
- New theater innovations » bit.ly/2TZP1vw
- Rating movie theater innovations » bit.ly/2YqpyK4