You have to grow older, but you don't have to grow up...
We're GenX'ers who spent our childhood immersed in the music, movies, games, and pop culture of the 70s, 80s, & 90. GenXGrownUp looks at yesterday and today through the eyes of Gen X'ers who refuse to grow up. "Escape Room" is our 3-part audio drama celebrating Halloween.
Backtrack: Memorable TV Events
One of the defining experiences of growing up a GenX’er was appointment TV. When breaking news hit, you watched it live as the newscasters struggled to get the facts. When important shows came on, you planned your time so you can watch it when it came on, and when major events occurred, you were glued to the set because you didn’t want to miss anything. Unfortunately, a lot of the important things we remember most are not the happiest memories but they will remain with us for the rest of our lives.
- Roots, The most important TV show ever? » bbc.in/2ZeeXm3
- Election Night 2000 » bit.ly/2Pjbm1z
- Iconic video that launched MTV » bit.ly/2GnGjyD
- Fall of the Berlin Wall video » youtu.be/zmRPP2WXX0U
- Remembering “Who Shot JR?” » on.today.com/2KBMnHS
- Remembering Baby Jessica’s rescue » time.com/4980689/baby-jessica-30th-anniversary/
- The Challenger Disaster, what happened? » bit.ly/2Izchtd
- Fast Facts about the September 11 attack » cnn.it/2IzP9ur
- Hurricane Katrina: Facts, Damage & Aftermath » bit.ly/2GcOi0a
- OJ Simpson Car Chase » youtu.be/PhVs14QmJdY
- Johnny Carson’s last Tonight Show » youtu.be/WVPl4eMEuC0
- 8 Things you didn’t know about the M*A*S*H finale » bit.ly/2IjbpcV