You have to grow older, but you don't have to grow up...
We're Generation X'ers who spent our childhood immersed in the music, movies, games, and pop culture of the 70s, 80s, & 90s, and all that stuff shaped who we are today as adults. GenXGrownUp looks at yesterday and today through the eyes of Gen X'ers who refuse to grow up.
Backtrack: Movie Rental Stores
Remember walking down aisles of seemingly endless choices of movies? How about renting a movie based only on its cover and finding gems but more often terrible movies? Do you remember making mad dashes to the video store at 2am to avoid paying late fees? Join us as we talk about the experience of the movie rental store and how it was a major part of the lives of GenX'ers.
- First Blockbuster store opens » bit.ly/2OK81HT
- History of Blockbuster » en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockbuster_LLC
- Musings of an ex-video store worker » bit.ly/2AHCyDa
- Remembering video rental stores » bit.ly/2M3uhOx
- “I Lost It at the Video Store” on Amazon » amzn.to/2nhgaas
- One of the last rental stores in Utah » bit.ly/2vo57AB
- Why Blockbuster fell » bit.ly/2vJfuy6
- Blockbuster rejects bid to buy Netflix » bit.ly/2vCoXqY
- 11 things we miss about video rental stores » bit.ly/2niD1Cd
- One of last rental stores in Minneapolis closes » bit.ly/2M2WAN4
- Last Blockbuster documentary Kickstarter » kck.st/2vjvEis