You have to grow older, but you don't have to grow up
We're Generation X'ers who spent our childhood immersed in the music, movies, games, and pop culture of the 70s, 80s, & 90s, and all that stuff shaped who we are today as adults. GenXGrownUp looks at yesterday and today through the eyes of Generation X'ers who have refused to grow up.
Backtrack: Radio Shack
"Breaker, breaker 1-9, I just eyeballed a bear trap with a bunch of Evel Knievels about 10 miles past the coop. So if you don't want a bear bite back it down."
That was just some CB talk in honor of this week's Backtrack Topic all about Radio Shack! Any GenX'er who was into anything electronic will have a story about visiting a Radio Shack. They were the place to go when you needed a hard to find part or when you wanted to speak with some knowledgeable people about CB radios, computers or anything that used electricity. Unfortunately, they couldn't keep up with the times and made some bad turns that led to a few bankruptcies and its eventual downfall.
- A brief history » bit.ly/2y697Go
- Archive of Radio Shack Catalogs » www.radioshackcatalogs.com/history.html
- Realistic brand products on Amazon » amzn.to/2xRa1aJ
- The Tandy Leather Company » en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandy_Leather_Factory
- The TRS-80 » oldcomputers.net/trs80iii.html
- CB Radio History » www.mortaljourney.com/2010/10/1970-trends/cb-radio
- CB Radio slang » www.wearecb.com/cb-radio-lingo.html
- A History of Misses » nyti.ms/2P35KY2
- The Hobby Town partnership » bit.ly/2uMN0TK