You have to grow older, but you don't have to grow up...
We're Generation X'ers who spent our childhood immersed in the music, movies, games, and pop culture of the 70s, 80s, & 90s, and all that stuff shaped who we are today as adults. GenXGrownUp looks at yesterday and today through the eyes of Gen X'ers who refuse to grow up.
Backtrack: Record Clubs
8 CDs for a penny?! This must be too good to be true. I mean, who would fall for such an obvious bait and switch? Well apparently, by 1975, over 3 million suckers were on the hook for buying a set number of full price records over the next year and it just kept growing. In this episode we talk about our experiences with this evil, but brilliant, marketing scheme and how we fell for it just like you!
- Columbia House Still Exists! » www.columbiahouse.com/
- How Did Columbia House Make Money? » bit.ly/2GLT3hQ
- Four Columbia House insiders explain the shady math behind “8 CDs for a penny” » bit.ly/36TbQm3
- The rise and fall of the Columbia House record club — and how we learned to steal music » bit.ly/2GRBpJK
- ‘8 CDs For A Penny’ Company Files for Bankruptcy » n.pr/37VufQj
- Email the show » [email protected]
- Visit us on YouTube » GenXGrownUp.com/yt