You have to grow older, but you don't have to grow up
We're Generation X'ers who spent our childhood immersed in the music, movies, games, and pop culture of the 70s, 80s, & 90s, and all that stuff shaped who we are today as adults. GenXGrownUp looks at yesterday and today through the eyes of Generation X'ers who have refused to grow up.
Backtrack: Video Game Arcades
They were dark, noisy, and not usually very clean, but we still loved going to video game arcades. In this backtrack we talk about the experience of the arcade: from scrounging for quarters under seat cushions to how we chose which games to play. It’s definitely something that had its day and will probably never be back but is still the source of many memories for GenX’ers.
- Golden Age of Video Arcades » bit.ly/2hKDcCy
- Last arcades in NYC » nydn.us/2bT739l
- 20 Best arcades in the World » bit.ly/2z4b2wy
- The life and death of the American Arcade » bit.ly/2wYVwPj
- Video on arcades in the 80s » youtu.be/-hem1azYuko
- Video games did not ruin your life! » bit.ly/2lJx5EE
- Timeline of arcade video games » bit.ly/2ha03aZ