You have to grow older, but you don't have to grow up...
We're Generation X'ers who spent our childhood immersed in the music, movies, games, and pop culture of the 70s, 80s, & 90s, and all that stuff shaped who we are today as adults. GenXGrownUp looks at yesterday and today through the eyes of Gen X'ers who refuse to grow up.
Going to the Movies
The movie-going experience growing up GenX couldn’t be more different than the experience today. Waiting on long lines for hours, racing to get the good seats, only being able to get a soda, popcorn, and candy, and mostly relying on word of mouth and a few reviews to help you select what to see were the norm. In this Backtrack, we have a ton of fun talking about that experience, how the movies themselves have changed, and how they compare to today!
Patreon » patreon.com/genxgrownup
Facebook » fb.me/GenXGrownUp
Twitter » GenXGrownUp.com/twitter
Website » GenXGrownUp.com
Podcast » GenXGrownUp.com/pod
Merchandise » GenXGrownUp.com/merch
Theme: “Grown Up” by Beefy » beefyness.com
Pocket Casts » pca.st/8iuL
Stitcher » www.stitcher.com/s?fid=146720&refid=stpr
Spotify » spoti.fi/2TB4LR7
- Show NotesPhotos of amazing old movie theaters » bit.ly/2UcwYBl
- The psychology of waiting in line to see Star Wars » bit.ly/2TYaHIo
- Why movie-going experience is still special » bit.ly/2YuXd5e
- Movie theaters through the decades » bit.ly/2TZj9qx
- 5 Ways movies will change by 2020 » bit.ly/2JPOqHp
- New theater innovations » bit.ly/2TZP1vw
- Rating movie theater innovations » bit.ly/2YqpyK4
- Email the show » [email protected]
- Visit us on YouTube » GenXGrownUp.com/yt
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!