You have to grow older, but you don't have to grow up...
We're Generation X'ers who spent our childhood immersed in the music, movies, games, and pop culture of the 70s, 80s, & 90s, and all that stuff shaped who we are today as adults. GenXGrownUp looks at yesterday and today through the eyes of Gen X'ers who refuse to grow up.
8 CDs for a penny?! This must be too good to be true. I mean, who would fall for such an obvious bait and switch? Well apparently, by 1975, over 3 million suckers were on the hook for buying a set number of full price records over the next year and it just kept growing. In this episode we talk about our experiences with this evil, but brilliant, marketing scheme and how we fell for it just like you!
Patreon » patreon.com/genxgrownup
Discord » GenXGrownUp.com/discord
Facebook » fb.me/GenXGrownUp
Twitter » GenXGrownUp.com/twitter
Website » GenXGrownUp.com
Podcast » GenXGrownUp.com/pod
Merchandise » GenXGrownUp.com/merch
Theme: “Grown Up” by Beefy » beefyness.com
Pocket Casts » pca.st/8iuL
Stitcher » www.stitcher.com/s?fid=146720&refid=stpr
Spotify » spoti.fi/2TB4LR7
- Show NotesColumbia House Still Exists! » www.columbiahouse.com/
- How Did Columbia House Make Money? » bit.ly/2GLT3hQ
- Four Columbia House insiders explain the shady math behind “8 CDs for a penny” » bit.ly/36TbQm3
- The rise and fall of the Columbia House record club — and how we learned to steal music » bit.ly/2GRBpJK
- ‘8 CDs For A Penny’ Company Files for Bankruptcy » n.pr/37VufQj
- Email the show » [email protected]
- Visit us on YouTube » GenXGrownUp.com/yt
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!