You have to grow older, but you don't have to grow up...
We're Generation X'ers who spent our childhood immersed in the music, movies, games, and pop culture of the 70s, 80s, & 90s, and all that stuff shaped who we are today as adults. GenXGrownUp looks at yesterday and today through the eyes of Gen X'ers who refuse to grow up.
Christmas season is upon us and toy shopping in high gear. And while most of that shopping these days is done online, we’re devoting this episode to remembering the nearly-extinct brick and mortar toy stores we enjoyed growing up!
Patreon » patreon.com/genxgrownup
Discord » GenXGrownUp.com/discord
Facebook » fb.me/GenXGrownUp
Twitter » GenXGrownUp.com/twitter
Website » GenXGrownUp.com
Podcast » GenXGrownUp.com/pod
Merchandise » GenXGrownUp.com/merch
Theme: “Grown Up” by Beefy » beefyness.com
Pocket Casts » pca.st/8iuL
Stitcher » www.stitcher.com/s?fid=146720&refid=stpr
Spotify » spoti.fi/2TB4LR7
iHeart » www.iheart.com/podcast…
- Toys R Us Christmas Commercial 1976 » youtu.be/ifFmxqtAOnI
- Child World Commercial 1980 » youtu.be/smgtZKcexfM
- Lionel Kiddie City Commercial » youtu.be/MVs6MGZXmx8
- The Rise and Fall of Toys R Us » www.history.com/news/toys-r-us-closing-legacy
- The death of the big toy store » cnn.it/2JV8HMT
- Farewell to toy stores leaves the toy industry at a loss » bit.ly/3n4fTog
- Email the show » [email protected]
- Visit us on YouTube » GenXGrownUp.com/yt
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!