Rider Cooper McDonald discusses his new opportunity to ride the Suzuki GSX-R600 at the first round of MotoAmerica’s 2021 season for the Altus Motorsports team. Cooper shares with us what his experience moving from the Twins Cup to Supersport has been like, the training involved, and working with his mentor Kevin Schwantz.
Follow Cooper on Facebook and Instagram!
Pit Pass Moto Trivia Question:
In 1948, the motorcycle land speed record (150.3mph) was set by what rider using a “unique” technique on the motorcycle. Name the rider and the motorcycle brand in what has been described as the most famous picture in motorcycle history, and what technique did he use?
Check out the answer after our interview with Cooper McDonald!
MotoAmerica, the home of the AMA Superbike Championship - featuring 190 mph Superbikes, is the OFFICIAL sponsor of Pit Pass Moto!
Did you know...
There are 9 rounds of the best racing on 2 wheels, featuring 190 MPH HONOS Superbikes!
- All 20 HONOS Superbike races air live on Fox Sports
- Liqui Moly Junior Cup airs on Fox Sports
- MotoAmerica Rewind and Inside MotoAmerica airs on Fox Sports
- SuperSport races air live on MavTV
- Don’t miss a minute of action, practice, qualifying, races and video on demand with MotoAmerica Live+ streaming
King of the Baggers returns in 2021 at 3 rounds!
4 rounds will feature the MiniCup by Motul
- Helping to build the next generation of riders
- Featuring kids from 6-13 years old.
- Road America, The Ridge, Pittsburgh and Barber
First event coming April 30 – May 2!
- MotoAmerica Superbikes at Atlanta
- Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta
Tickets, info and complete schedule at motoamerica.com/tickets
Follow MotoAmerica on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook!
Pit Pass Moto is a production of Evergreen Podcasts. A special thank you to Tommy Boy Halverson, Chris Bishop, Producer Leah Longbrake and Audio Engineer Eric Koltnow.