Interview with Marie Bostwick, author of the Cobbled Quilt and Too Much, Texas series
In this week's episode, Adam talks with Marie Bostwick, author of the popular Cobbled Quilt and Too Much, Texas series. Her new book, From Here to Home, comes out at the end of March and along with discussing that novel's unique protagonist Mary Dell Templeton, Marie also shares how she became the writer she is today, which happened almost accidentally. She also offers some really fantastic tips to all the writer's out there on how to achieve their own writing goals. Her love of reading and libraries started at an early age and she tells Adam about how she became the youngest card carrying member of her local library as a child.
Growing up, some of Marie's favorite books included:
- Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss
- Little House on the Prairie series
- My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
- Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- The Endless Steppe by Esther Hautzig
Marie's personal recommendations for our listeners:
- The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- The Group by Mary McCarthy
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
For those readers interested in Marie's books, here are her own suggestions of where to start:
"Buddy" provided royalty free from www.bensound.com
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!