Finding and persuading people with highly specialised skills to make the move and join your organisation is something that remains a big challenge. So how do you build and engage long term pipelines of talent and how is technology changing the way talent engagement works?
My guest this week is Marvin Smith, Enterprise Talent Sourcing Lead at Lockheed Martin. Marvin was one the very first people I saw talk about talent communities and talent engagement and is a genuine expert practitioner in this aspect of talent acquisition.
In the interview, we discuss:
• The recruiting challenges at Lockheed Martin
• Engaging over career lifetimes
• Identifying highly specialised talent pools and building long term segmented pipelines
• What do effective talent communities look like in 2020
• Providing relevant, valuable and extremely personalised content
• The role of technology in talent engagement
• What does the future look like and what tools do we need to develop