Measuring the impact of talent marking in a way that aligns with the rest of the business and demonstrates value for the c-suite has always been challenging. TA leaders often find themselves judged by measures and outcomes they don't fully control, which are impossible to translate into business value.
So how do you prove the business impact of recruitment marketing and employer branding, particularly in such volatile times?
My guest this week is Nick Thompson, Global Talent Marketing Leader at IBM. Nick and his team have been working on this issue for a while and have devised a way of measuring the value of talent marketing that resonates with the C-Suite and provides a laser focus for optimisation and improvement.
In the interview, we discuss:
- The scale of recruiting at IBM
- The current state of the global market for tech hiring
- The shortcomings of existing talent marketing metrics
- Speaking the same language as the rest of the business
- Measuring where you have ownership and control
- What is the time to apply metric, and how was it developed?
- What insights does time to apply enable?
- Mapping onto business value
- The reaction
- The levers that reduce time to apply
- Removing the reasons why people don't click apply
- The role of employer branding
- Advice to TA leaders
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!