Ep 310: Effective With Video
Over the last few weeks, the show has been focusing on the long term strategic changes talent acquisition leaders are making to ensure their teams are fit for purpose in 2021, and this will continue to be the theme of the podcast moving forward. However, I wanted to take a quick break from it in this episode and focus on some very practical advice.
Lockdowns and remote working mean that video communications are now playing a hugely increased role in all of our lives. So how can you make sure you are presenting yourself in the best light (quite literally) and what elements of personal video production could you adopt to make sure you are effect when presenting to colleagues, candidates or customers.
My guest this week is the king of professional do it yourself video production, Stephen O’Donnell. Many of you will know Stephen from the video content he creates and the excellent advice he shares. Whether you are looking to stand out on a Zoom call, use video to promote your vacancies or deliver a memorable presentation at a virtual conference, there are insights here for everyone.
In the interview, we discuss:
• Why invest time and money in personal video production?
• The basics: cameras, sound and lighting
• The difference in skills between presenting on stage and presenting on video
• Using graphics and multi-camera setups
• Standing out and having presence.
• Harnessing video to improve quality of hire
• Benefits and opportunities from live streaming
• The future of face to face events