Ep 209: Matthew Syed, Rebel Ideas
My guest this week is Matthew Syed. Matthew was formerly the British table tennis number one and is now a journalist the best selling author of books such as "Bounce" and "Black Box Thinking".
Matthew's new book, "Rebel Ideas" has just been published. In the book, he explores a topic that we've looked at a few times on the show, the importance of diverse thinking in teams and organisations.
In the interview, we discuss:
• When and why diversity matters and how it contributes to success
• Diversity of background, perspective and thinking
• Rebel ideas that challenge, cross pollenate, diverge and augment.
• An example of the CIA being individually perceptive but collectively blind
• The danger of assimilation to the dominant assumptions of a business.
Matthew also shares his advice for recruiters and suggest ways we can all have more rebel ideas
SeekOut is a single platform for talent acquisition and talent management. Hire, grow, and keep great talent with SeekOut.
Namely is the all-in-one HR solution that empowers you to dynamically engage and develop your people in a beautiful, intuitive platform.
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!