Ep 22: Talent Marketplaces - The Three Trillion Dollar Future Of Work
In this interview Matt Alder speaks to Stephane Kasriel CEO of Upwork.
A recent report published by McKinsey indicates that the digital talent marketplaces driving the “gig economy” could play a significant role in increasing global GDP by $2.7 Trillion by 2025.
Upwork is currently the biggest talent marketplace place in the world and I was delighted to get the chance to speak to Stephane Kasriel their CEO for this week’s podcast.
The topics we discuss include:
• The merger of Elance and oDesk that created Upwork
• How a talent marketplace actually works
• The huge diversity of skills represented on the platform
• Remote working and dynamic corporate talent pooling
• Solving the global digital skills crisis
• What the future of work will look like
Stephane also talks about Upwork’s experience of having an employee base that is 70% freelance and distributed across the world
Links from this episode:
The Future of Work, published by Faster Future Publishing
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!