Ep 229: Improving Social Mobility
Contact: [email protected]
Social mobility is a critical issue in a lot of countries. What should employers be doing to increase social mobility and how effective can their efforts be in terms of tangible results?
My guest this week is Lisa Scales, Head of Resourcing, Executive and New Talent at Severn Trent, a large UK based utilities company. Severn Trent has recently moved up to 3rd place in The Social Mobility Employer Index as a result of their innovative work in this area and is seeing huge benefits as an organisation from their initiatives.
In the interview, we discuss:
• The definition of social mobility and what it means to Severn Trent as an organisation
• Recruiting on equal terms to show opportunities to a massive pool of untapped talent
• Schools engagement
• Work experience focused on employability.
• Thinking different about the recruitment process
• The Social Mobility Pledge
Lisa also talks about the results Severn Trent as seeing from their initiatives and the considerable benefits to the business.
SeekOut is a single platform for talent acquisition and talent management. Hire, grow, and keep great talent with SeekOut.
Namely is the all-in-one HR solution that empowers you to dynamically engage and develop your people in a beautiful, intuitive platform.
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!