Ep 24: Solving Skill Shortages With Apprenticeships
Over the last few years an increasing number of employers have been developing apprenticeship programmes to address long term skill shortages in their industries. One company who are doing this very successfully are Compass who have offered over 3000 Apprenticeships in the last five years and have achieved a Grade 2 Ofsted rating for their programme.
My guest for this episode is Melanie Hayes Head of Organisational development at Compass and it was very interesting to hear more about the programme and the value it brings to her organisation.
In the interview we discuss:
• Why Compass have an apprentice strategy
• The different types of value it brings to the business
• How apprentices are recruited
• Differing candidate expectations
• The number one reason why every employer should invest in apprenticeships
Mel also talks about the changing landscape in experience hire recruitment and shares her thoughts on the future
Subscribe to this podcast in iTunes
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!