Ep 248: Fixing The Broken Rung
The latest McKinsey Women in the Workforce report illustrates that there is still a very long way to go before we get to gender equality in the workforce. McKinsey identifies a "broken rung" in the career ladder with only 72 women promoted or hired to manager level for every 100 men promoted or hired to manager level.
So how do employers fix this situation, what support is required, and how do mindsets need to change? To help answer these questions my guest this week is Addie Swartz, CEO of reacHire. Addie has been on a three-decade-long mission to change the trajectory for women at work and has some extremely practical insights to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
• Addie's background and motivation for starting reacHire
• Fixing the broken rung
• The bottom-line impact of workforce equality
• Investing to support women in their early careers
• Why women leave the workforce and the challenges they can face when trying to return
• Changing employer mindsets
• Bias in recruiting
• Reverse mentoring and the benefits of a multi-generational workforce
SeekOut is a single platform for talent acquisition and talent management. Hire, grow, and keep great talent with SeekOut.
Namely is the all-in-one HR solution that empowers you to dynamically engage and develop your people in a beautiful, intuitive platform.
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!