Contact: [email protected]
In 2006 I wrote a blog about the imminent demise of the resume, arguing that they were on longer relevant in the new digital world. Fast forward 14 years and resumes, or CVs if you live in the UK, are still the most common anchor point for the recruiting process. The problem with resumes is not just one about digital relevance; now it's about the effectiveness and integrity of recruiting itself. So what are the alternatives and how can the industry move forward.
My guest this week is Sterling Grey from The Chemistry Group, an organization that has been pioneering new approaches for employers to assess and hire talent.
In the interview, we discuss:
• The dangerous implications of recruiting via resumes
• Conscious and unconscious bias
• What are the alternatives and are they working in practice
• Increasing data points to improve selection
• The cost of a mis-hire
• Humans and technology
• Will recruiting be done differently in the future
Subscribe to this podcast in Apple Podcasts