Ep 285: The Evolution Of Executive Recruiting
Executive recruiting has always been seen as somewhat separate to the rest of talent acquisition. Search firms have traditionally dominated the market, and digital transformation in this area has historically been very slow. However, a growing number of employers now have their own in house executive recruiting functions and the COVID 19 pandemic is changing everything.
My guest this week is Adriana Quevedo, Director of Executive Search and On-Boarding at Intel. Adriana has spent the last eight years helping to develop in house executive recruiting at Intel and has some great insights and advice to share.
In the interview with discuss:
• The challenges of executive recruiting
• How Intel's in house function has evolved, and the lessons learnt
• Advice on setting up an in house function
• The importance of benchmarking and networking with industry peers
• Dramatically reducing reliance on search firms.
• Combining science and art to secure the right hires
• How COVID 19 is effecting executive recruiting and onboarding
• Providing a white glove experience virtually
• Diversity and Inclusion
• What's next for executive recruiting at Intel