Ep 287 - Belonging & Inclusion
A global pandemic, economic dislocation and Black Lives Matter: three signs of how life is undergoing rapid change in 2020, and all of them are having a significant impact on what people are looking for in an employer.
One of the key aspects of navigating these changes successfully is helping people to feel part of their organisations. But not everyone feels like they belong. For example, the nonprofit Center for Talent Innovation has found that White men have the highest median belonging scores of any gender or racial group, but Black and Asian women score the lowest.
My guest this week is Ritu Mohanka, Head of Strategy & Business Development EMEA at Glint. Glint has just released results from 900,000 of its customers' employees, showing the sense of 'belonging' in a company is more closely linked to employee happiness than ever before. In our conversation, we talk about the challenges around belonging and identify practical ways employers can create a proper platform for genuine inclusivity.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Ritu's story and her recent inclusion on the 2020 EMpower 100 Ethnic Minority Executives list
- The effect the pandemic is having on employee's sense of belonging.
- The relationship between belonging, performance and productivity
- Why culture is more important than ever
- Inclusivity and being heard
- Creating a safe space for uncomfortable conversations
- Active listening and being heard
- Empowering managers with high quality and timely data
- What does the future look like in terms of belonging and inclusion
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!