Building inclusive workplaces that make everyone feel that they belong is something all employers should be focusing on. One topic that I don't hear talked about very often in our industry though is the difference in working styles between introverts and extraverts. So how can employers make sure their working practices, communication and talent acquisition strategies are working for everyone
My guest this week is Jennifer Kahnweiler, an author speaker and consultant who is hailed as a "champion for introverts" Her latest book explores how employers can unlock the potential of all of their talent by making workplaces more introvert-friendly.
In the interview, we discuss:
• The difference between introverts and extroverts in the context of work
• Differing communication styles
• Working from home and working alone
• Being visible and being heard
• What are employers doing to be more inclusive for introverts?
• The impact of the pandemic on communication
• Avoiding bias in interviewing and hiring
Subscribe to this podcast in Apple Podcasts