Ep 304: The Employment Outlook
With many countries facing a second wave of COVID 19, taking a long term view on the outlook for work and employment is difficult. However, several months into this global crisis, crucial labour market trends are emerging, which will shape the future of talent acquisition.
My guest this week is Neil Carberry, CEO of The Recruitment & Employment Confederation. The REC is doing a vast amount of work to understand the changes in the labour market and advise talent acquisition leaders and recruiting firms on the likely future. In our conversation, Neil shares some valuable perspectives on the challenges that lie ahead.
In the interview, we discuss:
• The current state of global labour markets
• Hiring hotspots where the jobs market is recovering
• The long term impact of the pandemic on the shape of employment
• Creating career pathways into in-demand jobs
• The recruiting implications of a mixed model of remote working
• The role of recruiters in rebuilding economies
• How has the increase in tech adoption affected talent acquisition in the long term
• Similarities and differences in global markets
• What should talent acquisition be focusing on for the next six months