Ep 316: Recruiting Utopia
Recruiting transformations are currently underway in many companies to solve both the problems of the present and create a vision of the future. Change is tough, and it's always good to hear from talent acquisitions leaders who have been successful in innovating their company's approach to recruiting.
My guest this week is Trent Cotton, Director of Talent Acquisition at BBVA. Trent has successful transformed BBVA's approach to talent acquisition with the heavy influence of agile methodology and design thinking. He is now seeking Recruiting Utopia and has the vision to get there. This is a must-listen interview for everyone.
In the interview, we discuss:
▪ Adopting Agile and Design Thinking in talent acquisition
▪ The development of Sprint Recruiting
▪ Priorities and feedback loops
▪ The four principles of Sprint Recruiting
▪ WIP limits on candidate submissions
▪ Managing the change
▪ The role of recruiting technology
▪ What is Recruiting Utopia and how might we get there