Ep 373: Filling The Talent Gap
Talent markets continue to be challenging globally, and employers have to think differently to fill the talent gaps within their organisations. So what strategies are working, and what might the future look like?
My guest this week is Heather Moyer. Heather is the President, CEO and Founder of HNM Systems, which provides talent and consulting services to the Telecommunications, Utilities and IT sectors. Heather shares her experience and expertise of working in markets with severe skill shortages and discusses how employers are responding to the current situation.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Talent market challenges
- Focusing on retention and meeting the needs of employees
- Career development and mentoring
- Authentic employee engagement
- Predictive analytics for talent acquisition
- Identifying and persuading hard to find talent
- What could the future look like