Ep 375: The Magic Of Behavioural Science
Over the last couple of years, I've developed an increasing interest in the use of behavioural science in advertising and marketing and its growing relevance in broader business disciplines. I'm absolutely convinced that it offers a route to incredible innovation in talent acquisition and therefore is something we should all be actively investigating.
So what is behavioural science, and what implications does it have for recruiting, diversity and the future of work. There is no one better to explain all of this than Rory Sutherland, Vice Chairman of Ogilvy. Rory is one of marketing most original thinkers and influential speakers. He is a pioneer of behavioural science in business, and it's a huge privilege to have him on the show to share his thoughts about talent and talent acquisition.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Why Behavioural Science is the science of knowing what economists are wrong about
- The dangers of defensive decision making
- Finding psychological truths and the importance of emotions
- Why Uber has a map
- Recruiting for diversity of thought
- How Ogilvy have redesigned the recruiting process to find people of exceptional non-standard ability
- While the average is not the optimal solution
- The difference between equality of opportunity and diversity of opportunity
- Why work is a relational relationship, not a transactional one
- Cost reduction versus lost opportunities
- Personalising the value exchange between employer and employee
- The future of work and why it has taken a pandemic to get us there
SeekOut is a single platform for talent acquisition and talent management. Hire, grow, and keep great talent with SeekOut.
Namely is the all-in-one HR solution that empowers you to dynamically engage and develop your people in a beautiful, intuitive platform.
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!