Ep 378: Values Driven Retention and Recruiting
Keeping employees is as difficult as attracting employees at the moment, and, as ever, it is particularly tough in the tech sector. The relationship between employees and employers is changing, and shared values are a vital part of this.
My guest this week is Michel Visser, VP People Success & Enablement at software company Unit4. Unit4 are taking a holistic values driven approach to recruitment and retention. It is also a strategy based on innovation and experimentation, and Michel has some extremely valuable perspectives to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Recruiting challenges in tech
- Talent on the move
- Making work more than transactional
- Taking a holistic view of employee success
- Being innovative with compensation and benefits
- Meaning versus tokenism
- Using core values as a compass
- Demonstrating values through candidate experience
- What is the future of work?