Ep 384: Diversity In Action
There is a lot of talk about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in talent acquisition, but when you dig below the surface, the amount of practical action happening doesn't live up to the promises made.
A few weeks ago long time friend of the podcast Bas Van De Haterd introduced me to one of the most inspiring recruiters I've spoken to for a long time.
Eugène van den Hemel helps employers recruit talent from communities that are historically underrepresented in the job market. In the last few years, he has been doing some pioneering work helping to connect refugees with employment opportunities and, in so doing, opening employers' eyes to an incredible pool of talent.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Recruiting to make matches that matter
- Dealing with inaccurate preconceptions
- The power of humans meetings humans
- The problem with current thinking on certifications
- Advice to employers looking to hire refugees
- Broader leaning for recruitment in a time of automation and technology
- Jobs For Humanity
- What is the future of recruiting?
SeekOut is a single platform for talent acquisition and talent management. Hire, grow, and keep great talent with SeekOut.
Namely is the all-in-one HR solution that empowers you to dynamically engage and develop your people in a beautiful, intuitive platform.
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!