As I say in pretty much every interview on the podcast, predicting the future accurately is impossible. However, identifying and tracking the trends that will shape the future is not just possible; it is essential for any kind of strategic approach to talent acquisition. It's very clear that we are at the start of a new phase in the evolution of recruiting, and understanding where we are heading has never been more critical.
My guest this week is Kevin Wheeler, Founder of The Future of Talent Institute. I've known Kevin for over a decade now, which is long enough to understand just how skilled he is at identifying the trends that matter.
In the interview, we discuss:
- What is the purpose of talent acquisition, and is it structured in the right way?
- Why is internal mobility so hard
- How does talent acquisition need to evolve
- Recruiting automation and the future of recruiters
- Investment levels in recruiting technology
- Upskilling and reskilling
- What has surprised Kevin the most in the last two years
- What can we expect to see in 2022
Listen to this podcast in Apple Podcasts.