Ep 395: The Challenges Of Recruiting Recruiters
We've been talking continuously about challenging talent markets on this podcast since March. However, we've not so far mentioned the one specific skill shortage which is affecting everyone. The pressure on many employers to scale up their talent acquisition functions is immense, but hiring experienced recruiters has arguably never been tougher.
So what can companies do to attract and retain experienced recruiter talent while also building capacity and capability?
My guest this week is Amy Schultz, Global Head of Talent Acquisition at Canva. Canva has been scaling up at speed over the last few years, and Amy has some very valuable perspectives and experiences to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
- The recruiting landscape at Canva
- The current challenges recruiting recruiters when talent supply is even tighter than it is for software engineers
- Perceptions of talent acquisition within organisations
- Attracting and retaining experienced recruiters
- Investing in developing skills to build rather than just buy-in
- New sources of recruiting talent
- Raising up and celebrating the profession.
- Work, craft and impact
- Building peeks rather than fixing potholes
- Humans and technology
- The broadening scope of talent acquisition teams
- What should TA leaders be focusing on in 2022