Ep 398: The Power Of Words
One of the things I have been doing on the show this year is investigating new technologies in the assessment market. As the speed of adoption increases, it's essential to understand the actual science behind what is being developed.
I've always been fascinated by language and what we might be able to learn from the words that people use. With that in mind, I was very keen to talk to this week's guest. Mike Durland is CEO of Receptiviti. Receptiviti has a robust scientific methodology that uses language data to uncover emotions, personality, and psychology.
This is essentially an interview in two parts. In the first half of our conversation, Mike talks about what we can learn from applying science to language. In the second half of the conversation, he shares some important insights that Receptivit has uncovered about the effect of remote and hybrid working on different parts of the workforce. It's fascinating stuff.
In the interview, we discuss:
- The relationship between psychology and language
- The secret life of pronouns
- Applications for recruiting
- What are people saying about work?
- How happy are people working from home?
- Has the pandemic driven an increase in empathy at work?
- The different effects of the pandemic on senior and junior employees
- How to be a great place to work
- What can we expect in the future?
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!