Skills shortages have always been an issue for employers and have certainly come into sharp focus in recent months. Skills mapping, predicting future skills requirements and opening up talent pools via hybrid and remote working are just some of the solutions employers will be looking at in 2022.
So what kind of strategies should talent acquisition and HR leaders be planning, and how can technology help?
My first guest of the year is Vanessa Tierney, CEO of Abodoo. Vanessa's organisation recently surveyed 100 HR Directors and C-Level Executives
from the world's best companies to work for and asked their
opinion about their firm's working strategy, talent, workforce, and
social infrastructure. Unsurprisingly skills were the number one issue.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Attrition and skills shortages
- Opening up talent pools globally via remote and hybrid working
- How do you make people feel connected?
- How can employers better understand the skills in their workforce?
- Hard and soft skills matching.
- Predicting future skills requirements and understanding gaps
- Spotting opportunities in geographical skills clusters
- Driving inclusivity in talent identification
- Advice on selecting HR and Recruiting Technology
- What should we expect in the medium and long term future?
Listen to this podcast in Apple Podcasts.