Ep 406: A CEO's Perspective On Remote Work
Whatever form it eventually takes, remote working is here to stay. In the previous episode of the show, we explored the challenges and opportunities of building a global remote team; in this episode, I wanted to get the hands-on perspective of someone who has built a highly successful remote-first company.
Everett Harper is the CEO of Truss, a software engineering business that has been fully remote for ten years. In our conversation, Everett shares myriad insights on hiring, communication, retention, culture and diversity, which will be of enormous value to everyone who's listening.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Building a 100% remote company
- Maintaining and measuring productivity.
- Focusing on human connection and building systems to support that
- The danger of expanding work hours
- Exposing the fallacy of presenteeism
- Putting diversity at the heart of the workforce
- How to ensure you have the skills and talent you need
- Salary transparency and consistency
- Thinking differently about the things we are seeing
- Do we understand the real implications of global mobility?
- What does the future look like?
- Everett's book - "Move to the Edge, Declare it Center."
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!