Ep 408: Hiring Revolution
DE&I continues, thankfully, to be an extremely high profile issue for employers. However, the needle is still not moving quickly enough, and some of the data is shocking. For example, it would still take 200 hundred years to close the race and gender pay gaps at the current rate of progress.
So what can employers do to accelerate the pace of change, and how much can individual recruiters influence diversity in hiring. This week, my guests are Trina Olson and Alfonso Wenker, co-founders of Team Dynamics. Trina and Alfonso work with some well-known organisations to improve their diversity and hiring practices. They have recently authored a book called Hiring Revolution that offers some extremely practical advice on how recruiters can inject DE&I into their organisation's hiring.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Aligning cultural behaviour to values
- Why inequities in hiring and promotion are not a foregone conclusion
- Resume racism
- Recruiters taking individual responsibility to make change
- Notice, Name and Navigate
- What to do more of, what to do less of and what to stop.
- How will things develop over the next two years?
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!