Ep 413: Into The Metaverse
For over a decade now, I've been flagging up the development of virtual reality as something talent acquisition should have on their radar. It's taken a while, but with tech giants like Meta and Apple making multi-billion dollar investments in technology and infrastructure is now finally the time for our industry to fully embrace the Metaverse.
So how does would this work, and what talent acquisition and HR activities are already in play in virtual reality. My guests this week are Misha Krymov and Jennifer Regan, the CEO and Head of Experiences at Morpheus XR. Morpheus XR is already designing recruiting, onboarding and leadership development experiences in the Metaverse and have a massive amount of knowledge to share with us.
In the interview, we discuss:
- What is the Metaverse, and who is building it?
- Creating space for meaning and meaningful moments
- How environment shapes human behaviour
- How VR gives agency to users that Zoom / Teams calls don't
- Unbiased recruitment using VR
- What should talent acquisition teams be doing to learn about the Metaverse
- Inclusion and alternatives to headsets
- Untangling science fiction from science fact
- Extending reality
- What's the potential for VR, and how will it be used in the future
SeekOut is a single platform for talent acquisition and talent management. Hire, grow, and keep great talent with SeekOut.
Namely is the all-in-one HR solution that empowers you to dynamically engage and develop your people in a beautiful, intuitive platform.
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!