Destigmatizing career breaks is something that I feel very strongly about and something that talent acquisition needs to take very seriously. With so much lip service paid to diversity and inclusion and the current difficulties of finding talent, it makes zero sense to still view career breaks negatively.
This week LinkedIn have announced Career Breaks on the LinkedIn Profile to better reflect the realities of career journeys and, in turn, begin to normalize career breaks in the recruiting process.
My guest this week is Jennifer Shappley, Global Head of Talent Acquisition at Linkedin. As well as talking us through the new career breaks feature, Jennifer discusses the key findings on LinkedIn's latest Global Talent Trends report and shares her thoughts on the future of talent acquisition.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Wellbeing and flexibility
- LinkedIn's new Career Break profile section
- How can talent acquisition support people who have taken a career break
- How is talent acquisition changing, and where is it going?
- Making interviews equitable in a hybrid world
- What are the biggest challenges talent acquisition teams are facing
Listen to this podcast in Apple Podcasts.