The world of work has changed in many ways, and one fascinating area is the adoption of a more agile approach to talent. Project-based contracting is on the rise employers work to ensure they have the right skills at the right time in rapidly changing business environments.
So what mindset do employers need to adopt to be successful in the project economy, and what are the implications on the career paths of knowledge workers.
My guest this week is Kate Duchene, CEO at RGP, a human capital company redefining how professionals work in more flexible and collaborative ways. Kate is at the cutting edge of the project economy and has some very valuable insights and experiences to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
- What is the Project Economy?
- The drive towards agility and mobility
- Renting or borrowing talent
- Run this place vs change this place
- Thinking differently about careers
- Skills development in portfolio careers
- From command and control to learning, listening and empathy
- Culture, productivity and performance
- A future of increased flexibility
Listen to this podcast in Apple Podcasts.