Ep 421: The Purpose Gap
As we all know, recruiting and retention are tough at the moment, and employers need to work harder than ever to acquire and keep the talent they need. Purpose is often talked about as a critical differentiator in employer branding, but what does that actually mean in practical terms?
New research from Cognizant has revealed just how important purpose is at work and has also highlighted a growing disconnect between employers and younger workers.
So what does purpose mean for Gen Z employees, and what should employers be doing to close the purpose gap. I'm joined this week by Eduardo Plastino, Director of The Cognizant Center for the Future of Work, to talk through the research and explore its implications.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Defining the purpose gap
- The increasing leverage of employees
- Understanding what is important to the Gen Z workforce
- Scepticism around employers' messaging on critical issues such as climate change and DE&I
- Shared values
- Implications for employers
- How to fix the purpose gap
- Aligning external employer brand communication with internal reality
- Advice to talent acquisition teams on how brand, marketing and recruiting process can demonstrate an employer is a great place to work.
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!