The current challenges talent acquisition teams face are well documented, and on this podcast, we explore the strategies and technologies that TA leaders are using to address them. The one thing we don't talk about enough collectively as an industry is the considerable effects two years of unprecedented pressure and disruption have had on everyone's mental health.
While wellness, in general, is a big industry topic, there hasn't been much direct conversation on the importance of self-care and strategies to build resilience for Talent Acquisition leaders and their teams.
My guest this week is Ben Gledhill, a Talent Acquisition leader who has done innovative work for several UK based organisations. Ben is one of the talent acquisition community's deep thinkers and, over the last two years, has done a lot of research into the importance of building individual resilience and the role it plays in the effectiveness of talent acquisition strategies.
In the interview, we discuss:
- What it has been like to be a Head of Talent Acquisition during the pandemic
- Why we need to talk more about mental health
- Resilience as part of the TA stack
- Five elements to build resilience
- Adapting to sudden change
- Self-compassion and self-care
- Is technology a help or a hindrance
- What does the future look like for talent acquisition?
Listen to this podcast on Apple Podcasts.