Ep 444: Workplace Culture
With so much unhelpful noise around the topic of the future of work, I'm taking a deep dive into the practicalities of what is actually going on over a series of three podcast episodes. In the previous episode, I spoke to author Julia Hobsbawm about some of the challenges of this emerging new phase of work, and I want to continue this theme in this episode.
My guest this week is the perfect person to help me do this, and it is great to have him back on the show. Bruce Daisley is a speaker, author and workplace culture enthusiast. Previously a VP at Twitter, Bruce now hosts one of the world's most popular podcasts on making work better.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Critical issues in workplace culture
- Why flex is the new pay
- The danger of uncoordinated hybrid
- Productivity and worker satisfaction
- The intentional curation of culture
- Using the office as a tool
- How management infrastructure is changing
- The rise of the community manager
- Rethinking knowledge transfer
- Understanding the demands of top talent
- Challenges for talent acquisition
- Work from anywhere
- The danger of nostalgia
- What will work look like in five years?
Listen to this podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!