The pandemic changed many aspects of talent acquisition and perhaps none more so than onboarding. With many people spending less time in their employer's physical offices, how have TA and HR teams evolved their onboarding processes to forge a sense of belonging, develop relationships and ultimately increase productivity and retention?
My guest this week is Sharawn Tipton, Chief People Officer at LiveRamp. Over the last few years, LiveRamp has developed a strategic and very intentional approach to onboarding, and Sharawn has a lot of insight and advice to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Shifting from a transactional approach to one that focuses on building relationships
- Providing an immediate sense of belonging
- The impact of the pandemic on onboarding and retention
- Wellness and mental health
- Starting onboarding before the hiring process even starts
- How important are the first 30 days
- Personalization of experience
- Lesson learned and having a growth mindset.
Listen to this podcast on Apple Podcasts.