To say that the talent acquisition market in the tech sector is complex and fast-changing at the moment would perhaps be a bit of an understatement. So how are big tech companies developing employer branding strategies that help them solve their shifting challenges, and what lessons can employers in other sectors learn from them?
My guest this week is Ashlee Gerow, Senior Manager, Employer Branding at Hubspot. I've always been a massive fan of Hubspot's sophisticated and innovative approach to talent acquisition and employer branding. Ashley is very open about their recruitment challenges and how a dynamic approach to employer branding is being used to address them.
In the interview, we discuss:
- The current tech hiring market
- How employer branding is being used to solve recruiting challenges at Hubspot
- Developing a highly targeted strategy
- Cutting through the noise
- Is who you are externally authentic to who you are internally
- Understanding where you are not converting and adapting accordingly
- How the pandemic changed Hubspot's approach
- Working with cross-functional teams and being deeply connected across the business
- Making sure the EVP is consistent throughout the entire candidate journey
- Using employee's stories to show, not tell
- Employer Branding as a constant marketing machine
- The role of data and technology
- Moving quickly to adapt, sprint and change
- The future of employer branding
Listen to this podcast on Apple Podcasts.