Ep 457: Employability and Social Mobility
Some of my favourite discussions on this show have been with employers driving diversity, equity, and inclusion, not just because it is the right thing to do but because they are using their DE&I strategies to solve specific business challenges.
My guest this week is Graham Briggs, Head of Apprenticeships & Employability Programmes at Greene King, the UK's largest pub retailer and brewer. The hospitality sector has had an extremely challenging few years. Greene King has been running some incredible programmes to reach diverse talent pools and deliver positive outcomes for their business and the communities they work with.
In the interview, we discuss:
- The recruiting challenges in hospitality
- Challenging perceptions about career development
- Employability and social mobility
- Communities and values
- Untapping potential
- The importance of C-Suite support
- Partnering with external organisations to reach out to new pools of talent
- Delivering positive outcomes for young people
- Building confidence and focusing on wellbeing
- Working with prison leavers
- Support, development and retention
- Business outcomes and results
- Working with other employers to lobby government
- Advice to TA leaders looking to build similar programmes
- Plans for the future
Hear More From Us!
Subscribe Today and get the newest Evergreen content delivered straight to your inbox!