After almost three years of constant disruption, the talent market still shows no signs of normalization. Even with rising inflation and layoffs in some parts of the economy, US and UK job openings remain at record highs.
So what are the implications for employers recruiting in times of economic instability and a cost of living crisis? How do TA teams need to think, and what are the most successful employers doing to hire and retain the talent they need?
My guest this week is Jon Wilson, CEO of Totaljobs, which is part of the Stepstone Group, one of the largest online recruitment companies in the world. This means Jon has access to a vast amount of data and insights into the current hiring market and has some valuable advice to share.
In the interview, we discuss:
- The current state of the market
- High job openings and fewer job seekers
- The impact of high inflation
- How demographic factors are driving scarcity
- Why the great resignation will to continue
- Increasing mobility in the workforce
- Flexbility and upskilling
- What are the most successful employers doing?
- Forecasts for the next six to twelve months
Listen to this podcast on Apple Podcasts.